Am I Present?

Are you present, now?

Are you fully present, letting your mind staying quite while you are reading this post? What are you hearing around you? How do you sit, infront of the computer? Is your neck straight or is it bent forward? Is your back straight? What are the smells around you? The taste on your tongue?

Are you present?

11 comments on “Am I Present?

1. soopafishl says:

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog:} Great to find yours … I look forward to reading through more posts and checking out the online workshop!

2. kerenmulia says:

Yes yes and yes. ” I think therefore I am ” (: Cheers.

3. desicontrarian says:

Ashamed to say, I am not present.

• Ido Lanuel says:

Plz don’t b ashamed :-)

Truth is – we are all present. We have never been nothing but present. Our all life is taking place in the present.

The part of us which is not present is our mind. But it usually just need some workout.

Thanks for commenting all over the place :-)

PEACE

4. scarletwilde says:

I am present. Am continually learning to be present. I cannot amend the past or control the future. What is real is now. I am sitting in the English countryside on my porch in a creaky wicker chair. The air smells of weeks of rain and damp earth drying slowly in all too rare sunshine. I am eating fresh raspberries just picked from the bush, while typing with the other hand. Life is good.

5. Pat says:

Hi – thanks for dropping by my blog. Very interested to scout around on here.
    I am present.
    Neck craned forward, giving myself a pain, as usual, but I don’t notice until I move. Nor do I notice until I realise I’m squinting that my glasses are on the top of my head.
    Smells, none noted, discomforts ignored.
    And the time flies by, until the present is the past and the day is gone.

6. joej627 says:

I am present. I overate a bit tonight. But if we don’t allow ourselves to be present and listen to our bodies and souls we will keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I think most of us are continuously “away” if you will, usually trying to avoid fears or uncomfortable moments in the here and now. It is not bad to go away for a bit to do some healing work or meditation and prayer, but we need to attend to the vessel as well.