ONE

Hi everyone.

So first of all I would like to say that I’m both shocked and flattered by the rising number of followers to this blog. I’m thankful to each and every one of you for your comments, likes and for keep on reading my posts again and again.

In this post, I would like to share some thoughts that have occured right after I ran into this amazing (and short) video.

So, if you’ve listened carefully to the speaker, you could hear him saying:

“Everything looks like it has been designed by an architect, a single mind. But ofcourse that isn’t true. This complex city was created by the collective will of the ant colony. A super organism.”

I think that in other words, what the speaker is trying to say (in the name of the scientists, I guess) is that there wasn’t any chief commander ant, who stood with a GPS in the middle of the colony and shouted “Left!!”, “Right!!!”, “Keep this going you lazy sons of a..!!” and so on.  It seems that all the ants (Billions of them) are a part of the same consciousness, a higher consciousness, that is not a part of the physical space. So what we are actually seeing here is ONE “creature” which only looks like many DIFFERENT ants – because our mind believes that any two physical objects are necessarily differentiated.

And the reason we can understand this fact when we are watching the ants, is that we are watching them from the outside.

NOW, what do you think that we will ALL see, once we start looking at ourselves from the outside?

PEACE.

56 comments on “ONE

1. hanktango says:

The only thing we can see if we look at ourselves from the outside, is what we take from within and projects on to others. What we would see if we were on the inside looking out however, is something entirely different.

2. What an incredible post! I adore all the messages in nature and I often think the same thing, when watching amazing flocks of birds or schools of fish swooping and swirling, they are as one. And here you wisely push that point to help us see – they Are One. We are One. Indeed, there is really only One of us here. Delighted to have found your wisdom in this great blog and am very thankful you found me first, helping make it easy for me. Love and Light, Gina

3. idansigo says:

Take me down to the ant city,
    Take me home

4. vanetua says:

Wow, very good question. I like how you think. Makes me ponder my dogs and how thousands of years of breeding has not removed the wolf-like instincts they still possess.

5. Whoa man you look like the nicest person in the world!
    The pics are cool the blog looks polished.
    Sh!t on a stick I am surrounded by Rock Stars :)
    OM

6. Thanks for sharing the amazing video and above all for clarifying the real meaning of those sentences that contain so much wisdom. If we were intelligent, we would realize that we are all connected. It makes so sense to think of ourselves as individual entities. The fact that we cannot survive alone already reveals the truth that we are part of a greater system. We are and have always been interdependent.

7. shemtovX2 says:

amazing idea, well described!!

8. No words, thanks for posting this bro

9. ahmrita natural mental health says:

great reminder on what nature knows and does without that big cumbersome brain we are so proud of as humans :) great work and thank you for dropping by on my blog!

10. Don says:

I am all for “Oneness” but for me it’s always a differentiated oneness. A oneness without differentiation is simply a boring mass of uniformity. I just can’t go down that road. Thanks for a great post.

11. Zhen Huang says:

Thanks for the thought provoking post. I wonder who is watching us from the outside?

12. Hello:) Thank you for dropping by my newbie blog! Another explanation for the ants is an instinctive nest building. The same could be said for bee’s after all.
    Me from the outside is a thing of beauty ( obviously lol) but my me ness is inside :)

13. Lace says:

That was a very well written and thought provoking post. I enjoyed it.

While watching the video I thought…. They killed billions of ants to dig up their home and have a peek. Besides the knowledge they gained about the ants home structure, what will the scientists do now with this new discovery? Will this knowledge help our world? I have a feeling it was more out of curiosity than furthering progress of any real substance. Not that I care about the lives of billions of ants, but wouldn’t that time, resources and brainpower be better spent somewhere else?

Also, I find meditation to be a great approach to viewing oneself from the outside.

• desicontrarian says:

I had the same thought about the scientists who ran the Large Hadron Collider Project. How many billion bacteria, small insects and sentient creatures might have died violently because the billion-dollar project-men wanted to get the “God-damn’ particle. And how they gloat about being God now.

14. I enjoyed this very much.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with Lewis Thomas’s book The Lives of a Cell, but he made a similar observation about ants as being one consciousness, one organism. It’s a fascinating thing to consider and I’m perfectly willing to make the leap in consciousness you’re suggesting.

Thank you for posting this.

15. lilyboat says:

The Brain is too small to contain our whole being… thank you for the post.

16. This is insane! I’ve been thinking this a lot lately that the species where there are just mass amounts of aren’t 1 million ants (in this case) but one ant mind split into a million ant bodies. I began to think this when I realized how shafted fish get in the food chain. Literally everything that can eat fish, does eat fish. Bears, raccoons, foxes, wolves, other fish… But when I began to think about how they communicate under water, especially schools of fish, and they don’t need to whisper to the fish next to them “hey we’re turning right!” they just do it in synch. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this!

17. I’m so glad you shared this AMAZING ANT COLONY video and thoughtful post. So cool.

18. Eric says:

i am glad to have found this blog through the signal bar blog. I would like to share a couple posts that i think you may find of value. hit me back for the links or follow my avatar back to the LAMP posts:
    1. The Traitor Within.
    2. JOY

until later,

E

19. Thanks for visiting my site, my brother! I will be visiting your also! Much love and blessings to you!

20. dragonhuaw says:

Interesting post. Have you heard of quantum physics and energy healing? On a macro level, we may be all part of a universal life stream.

21. I really liked this one. the ants being part of a higher consciousness didn’t cross my mind. Thanks for visiting my post. I will be visiting yours again.

22. I love the question you chose to end this post with…

Something to think about indeed.

23. I love you blog! It’s great and I found this post to be really interesting! As for what we will see from the outside who knows but I bet it won’t be as structured as the ants!

24. oogit says:

I really enjoyed this post. The notion that we are one mind, infinite consciousness resonates with me.. we are one yet individual – thank you :)

25. SwtSun says:

Your question ” what do you think that we will ALL see, once we start looking at ourselves from the outside?”

A previous post of yours. “Taken from 2BAware” “our bodies are just energy receptors. They receive sounds, colors, smells and taste. Each of these, before they are translated into reality goes through our head. The head filters it through countless beliefs, memories, and fears, and only then discharges its output. This output varies 100% from person to person. As long as we believe in the output we see a false reality, a subjective illusion. It has no truth. To see the truth we must forget all that we think about it.”

I suppose I don’t get it.. you ask us to “think” what we will see ..which then asks us to draw an opinion based a ” false reality, a subjective illusion.” However, the truth will always enlude us because to see it “we must forget all that we think about it.” I am too literal or narrow with this thought process ….or just way way off. ???

• Ido Lanuel says:

You are not too literal, and not way way off.
      That is a great question.

The mind usually has to go through a few steps before it enables us seeing reality as is.
      In order to go through these steps, the way it perceives the world must slowly change.

Positive thinking for example is a great thing. But it is also a kind of a thought, therefore in reality it is also an illusion.
      But before we reach this reality, it is an illusion that we will usually go through.

When I said that “In order to see the truth we must forget all that we think about it”, I was talking about the complete, the real, the whole.
      When I asked “what do you think that we…”, I’m pointing to a “higher” state of the mind, achieved by that thinking. That “higher” state, is not absoloute because as you said – It is also a thought.

26. This post is in addition to a talk I had with a close friend about an external energy, a consciousness, the way we are all linked to everyone and everything. There is soooo much we do not comprehend but one thing we do realize is there is a law that acts regardless if you understand how it works or not. This law, call it the law of attraction, or whatever you want to call it does exists because we are all energy.

27. If we looked at ourselves, I imagine we’d see something not dissimilar. We build structures, create tunnels underground, have transport routes, queue in stores, often follow some unspoken rules when walking in crowds… and yet, we don’t always communicate our needs verbally.

28. palabrah says:

Amazing video. I totally believe in this.

29. BroadBlogs says:

Ahh, what ants can teach!

30. I do so love these ants.

Guess what I just learned?!?! Know how all the birds seem to all fly one way and then the other and it seems so fluid? And packs of gazelle (or whatever a group of gazelle is called – somebody help me out here) all seem to take off in the same direction? Turns out that the group actually ‘votes’ on which way to go. They saw through videos that each gazelle would turn their head the way they wanted to vote and once there was just over a 50% consensus, they all took off. HOLY MACARONI, how cool is that? I forget where I saw it, but it really did shift me. It’s not the big male that takes the lead and tells everyone where to go – in fact, the big male was sometimes the one scrambling in the back of the bus.

Synergy rocks.

Love your blog and thanks for looking at mine. :)

31. Ankur Mithal says:

Interesting thought. The greatrness we bestow upon ourselves might be shattered as we realise that we are just another cog in the wheel of the universe.

32. Reblogged this on Missi Lynn Boness ~ Artists United Founder and commented:
    I found this on a friend’s blog and I thought “wow, what an amazingly insightful piece!”
    So, here it is for all of you to read and share. :)

33. gradycarter says:

I blogged this video awhile back, and it is still one of my all time favorites!!

34. pennycoho says:

I’ll just add my voice to all the others. Wow, and yes you are right! :)

35. Suqui says:

I just wanted to say thank you for the like and follow. Great blog you have here.

36. [...] I was Skyping with Kit, after a long summer-pause. I was sharing the wish to “turn the lantern” at the very root of my perception that it is dangerous to be me and have a WILL. This is a part in a great web-course I am taking: 2baware by Ido Lanuel. [...]

37. [...] So today I went through this short procedure to help myself find the fear underlying my irritation at being reminded  by Willy what the Course says.Maybe it can be helpful to others too. I got this from Ido lanuel, who has a wonderful online workshop on awareness. [...]

38. bucketdave says:

This is one of the best posts I’ve seen in a long time. That video, and your comments afterwards are outstanding. Thanks for posting.

39. Me says:

There was a time I kept on asking myself “what’s wrong with me?” I did not like my life and I could not understand why. I felt I did not belong “here” as if I am supposed to live in some other era or planet. It took me a long time and lot of unpleasant events to finally “see myself”. I looked at myself in the mirror for so many years but through the lens of conditioning, not reality. But you don’t know what you don’t know…..You will not recognize an apple if you don’t know it’s an apple.