Lately, many people ask me after reading my about page or posts like Follow Your Heart – “how do you do that?”. Many people around me are very interested in how I manage to live a full and dynamic life, so here it is.
First of all, life is a game, and I believe that we should all find the ways to enjoy it as much as we can. This being said, we all have many things that need to be changed in order to enjoy this game (Changes are the flow of this game called ‘life’). These changes can be major, like ending a relationship or quitting a job (Doing major changes means that you are about to win this game), can be mediocre like finding a new creative habit (you are defintely winning this game), and can be minor – like going out and play with a friend / family member 2day (jackpot).
So, here’s how I find what I want to change, and here’s also how I do it:
(1) Find out what needs a change – This is the most important part. Take a pen and a paper and write down all the pieces of the pie you call ‘my life’. It consists of your habits (“I don’t have enough habits” is also a piece of this pie), ALL your relationships, your job, the place where you live, the things you eat and so on.. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ALL WRITTEN INFRONT OF YOUR EYES.
(2) Examine – For each piece of this pie, HONESTLY ask yourself if it serves you or not (and why). By ‘serves’ I mean helps you to achieve ALL your dreams (My dream is to live a varied life, so this is a good reason to change things often).
(3) Find what stops you – Now, write what are the reasons that you didn’t change those things so far (“because I’m afraid that…”)
(3.5) Don’t let the fear arise – At this point the voice in your head will start screaming – “You can’t do it!! You don’t have enough money!! You won’t have any friends!! This is stupid!!!” – Give him a cookie or something.
(4) Look beyond your fears – Choose the first thing that needs a change, and change it NOW. As Nike slogan says – JUST DO IT.
* I have a friend who has a job that doesn’t serve him anymore. He doesn’t quit it because he doesn’t know what will happen after he quits. Because he is working most of the time in a job he doesn’t like, he can’t find the time nor the strengths, to fully look for a new direction in his life. Don’t fall down to that trap – the first thing is to assertively CUT all the things that shouldn’t be there. Only than you can find new things to fill up the hole.