I think that this is an issue that we are all familiar with – you have to do something for work, have to pay a fine, have to email someone. You have to create, have to make some food, have to clean the house. But you just can’t find the strengths. Instead, you sit infront of the television or the computer screen, doing nothing undercover and feeling very bad about it.
Now there are a few factors that can cause this, but what is really important to understand here is that we are not talking about a local treatment that will help you get over yourself this time. Instead I would like to talk about a permanent cure.
OK Cool. So what can you do about it? Well here are some helpful tips to get over this issue: (A clue, as always, it does involve self investigation. Otherwise – no real cure is achieved, but just a local treatment)
(1) Here is your basic assumption for this process – No matter what needs 2b done, it can wait for 2 more hrs. If it can’t, than there is no barrier, you have no choice of doing that. If you think that it can’t wait, and you still find yourself starring at the screen for 80% of your so called ‘working time’, than it can wait.
(2) Now, after you’ve made some time in your schedule, you can begin. The first step is the self investigation. Write these questions on a paper or the computer screen, and try to answer them honestly:
* Is this a task that I have to do? WHY??
* What is it that I’m afraid of about this task?
* How does this barrier makes me feel? What do I feel like right now?
* Besides this task, a small other thing that I need to do today is.. (Do it now)
* One thing I would like to change in my life is: …..
* Recently, I find myself bothered because…
Good. The main idea behind this step is that usually the reason for the barriers is our mind, that keeps being so disturbed with other things that we have to do, other things that bother us in our life, tomorrow yesterday and so on.. All these questions are aimed at turning the lantern from the outside in, in order to shed a light about those things. Those thoughts and worries takes away our vitality and therefor create the barriers. This self investigation part is the one we use in order to find a permanent cure.
B.T.W, You can also just practice an Intuitive writing session. My last post was about it. To make it easier, I’ve just developed a free online tool for that, which can help you create a daily self reflection routine for yourself, no matter where you are (Even at work). Here is its link – The Reflection Room.
(3) After answering those questions, the next step is to go and do something you like for at least one hour. Please notice that you don’t like starring at a screen of any kind. Seriously. This is usually either an addiction or a runaway from yourself. Get energized – go for a walk in the beach / park / city market, play a musical instrument / write / paint / dance, practice a sport of some kind. Meet a love one with the intention to laugh and have fun. Play with a little child (The best cure for everything). Read a book, Cook. Breathe some clean air. Meditate.
(4) If you are having too much fun, don’t stop yourself in the middle… Your task can usually wait till 2morrow as well, as long as you are getting closer to yourself full-hearted.
I think I’m done 4 2day,
Do you have any other suggestions?